On the Navigating.art platform, artwork dimensions can be entered in inches and metrics. This article explains how to enter the dimensions in the different units.
On the platform, there are two options for entering dimensions:
The platform encourages the input of metric measurements. If you only type in the dimensions in metric, the platform will only display the metric values. You can type in as many decimals as needed. A preview of the converted values in inches automatically appears in grey below the inches field. If you want to include the inches values in the record, you must manually enter the values in the inches field.
If you enter the dimensions in inches, the values are automatically converted to metrics and displayed under the corresponding field in grey. You can enter inches as fractions or decimals. Regardless of how they are entered, inches are always displayed as fractions. The inch's decimal value is automatically rounded to the nearest fraction. Unlike metrics, if you enter only inches and no metric values, the automatically generated metric dimensions are always displayed in the artwork details. The values converted to metric are displayed with one decimal.
How to add dimensions
- In the artwork details section, click View Event next to the Dimensions field.
- An art event dialog opens. In the section for Artwork details, click Add and select Dimension.
- The fields for entering dimensions appear. Type in the dimensions in your preferred unit: metric or inches. Confirm with Save.
- Close the art event dialog.
- The dimensions are now displayed in the artwork details.
Currently, only the input in inches or metrics is possible. If you need a different unit for the input, you can submit your suggestion via our feedback platform. The article about How to request a new feature with Navigating.art shows you how to submit feedback.