Exhibition entries can be linked to artworks to fully display their exhibition history. Therefore, let's have a look at how to create an exhibition record with Navigating.art.
1. Go to the section Exhibitions in the top menu and click on Create Exhibition in the top right corner.
2. An overlay will open. Type in the exhibition's title in the field Original title *.
3. Click on Save to create the exhibition record.
4. After clicking on Save, the exhibition record is created and displayed. You now have the option to add additional information such as Exhibition type or other titles.
5. Further down you will find a section called Venues. Click on + Add to add an exhibition venue.
6. An overlay will open in order to choose the exhibiting agent, e.g. a corporate body or a person. Select the Agent you want to add and then click on Save.
7. After selecting the exhibitor, you have the possibility to choose an alternative name or address connected to the exhibiting Agent. Click on Save to continue.
8. Enter the exhibition date in the designated field and click on the arrow to directly convert it to EDTF. The data is saved automatically. Click on Close in the bottom right corner to close the overlay. If the exhibition travelled to other venues, you can easily add those by repeating these steps you just executed.
9. Next to the Venues you will find the field Agents. Here you can add additional agents such as curators etc. by clicking an + Add.
10. As a last step you can add an Exhibition Catalogue by clicking on + Add Catalogue and then selecting an already existing publication or creating a new one.